10 سبتمبر 2008

The Day of the Jackal



I was walking around a library in Malesya when I found a shelf selling "classic" books. This book caught my eye immediately, so I took it & skimmed through the back cover. I wondered what does the Jackal mean? Why is this book sold on a shelf that is presented infront of the entrance? What does Charle's DeGole have to do anything with a novel?
I took the book without knowing anything exept what I read in the cover, never heard of the author (Frederick Forsyth) & never thought I was entering a new world of thrillers!
Since my native language is Arabic not english, I had difficulties understanding the first chapter, especially with the small letters used in the edition I baught. However since I am a book cruncher, I absorbed it and thought of continuing the read ... one chapter was not enough to judge a book isnt it ?!
Once i got into the thrilling part of the novel, i just couldn't stop reading. To me this was a new reading. I never really read a crime thriller before this book (unless anyone concideres "The Broker" one). I had a lot of difficulties coping up with what was happening around me in real life. Meals were easily passed just to complete a chapter, rides using the tram were just too short since they didnt allow to complete a section..... everything was moving too fast!
I know I havent spoken about the novel yet, but anyways i wasnt planning to do so! I just wanted to give a taste of how enjoyable the read was & would not like to spoil the fun of exploring such a book & the fun of trying to think ahead of the Jackal! :)

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق